Christian Aid Supporter Care Charter
The purpose of this charter
This charter is for you, our supporters. It outlines:
- Our commitment and promises to you
- How we deal with your feedback, donations and personal information
We value all the contributions you make towards our work. We're grateful for your donations, actions and prayers, and that you've chosen to support us.
Our goal is to make this evident in every contact we have with you.
Our commitment to you
We're committed to legal, open, honest and respectful fundraising. We're registered with the Fundraising Regulator, who regulate and promote high standards in fundraising.
Our promises to you
- will thank you for your donations (unless you've asked us not to do so)
- are keen to hear from you - your feedback encourages us, and helps us improve what we do
- will always answer your questions, or let you know why we can't
- might not always be able to do what you ask; if that’s the case, we’ll explain why
- will treat the information you share with us as you wish us to, and contact you in the ways that you prefer
- will provide simple ways for you to let us know if your preferences change
- definitely won't sell your details on to other organisations
How to share your feedback with us
How to contact our London-based Supporter Care team
Our London office is staffed 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Phone: 020 7523 2493
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to: The Supporter Care Team, Christian Aid, PO Box 100, London, SE1 7RT
How to contact our regional offices
Our regional and national offices are open at varying times, and some may have smaller teams - this can affect how quickly you get a reply to your questions, suggestions or complaints.
How to contact us on social media
Direct message (DM) us on social media at:
How long does it take to get a reply from us?
If you've sent us feedback and haven't heard back straight away, don't worry. We aim to acknowledge:
- emails within three working days
- posted letters within five working days
- DMs to our main social media accounts within 6 working hours (this might be longer with our regional social media accounts.)
If we can't respond fully, we'll let you know when to expect a full response.
How long does it take to get a reply after you've donated?
Because we're grateful for all the donations you send us, we like to acknowledge them (but we won't do this if you ask us not to).
We aim to do respond to donations within seven working days of receiving them, but this can take a longer during peak periods.
We don't respond to your feedback if...
- You send us feedback anonymously (We'll still listen and take note of your views, but we won't be able to answer or acknowledge you.)
- You specifically ask us not to do so
What do we do with your feedback?
Whether it's praise or a complaint, your feedback helps us improve our work when we review past activities, or plan for the future.
And it doesn't just disappear into the ether - every month, our leadership team sitsdown to review what you have to say.
Not happy with our response?
To escalate an issue, email or write to our Supporter Care Manager, Michael Griffiths at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (with 'FAO Michael Griffiths' in the subject line)
- Christian Aid, PO Box 100, London SE1 7RT (write 'FAO Michael Griffiths' on the envelope)
Most issues can be resolved directly with us, but when it's appropriate you can take the matter up outside Christian Aid.
Need to take an issue further?
If you need to report a serious concern to us
If you need to raise fundraising issues
If you've already spoken to us and need to escalate a fundraising related issue further, then contact the Fundraising Regulator.
If you have concerns about our charitable activity
- If you're in England or Wales, contact the Charity Commission. This the governing body for charities in England and Wales.
- If you're in Scotland, contact the Office for Scottish Charity Regulator.
If you have any issues relating to data and information
The Information Commissioners Office enforces Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation in the UK.
How to change your contact details
It's important that we keep our records accurate and up to date, because this enables us to claim Gift Aid on donations, where appropriate.
Update your contact details on the 'Contact us' form, selecting 'Update details' as the subject.
We'll let you know when the changes have been made (usually within five working days).
Taking control of your data
If you'd like to stop receiving communications from us, or would like to change how you hear from us, please talk to our Supporter Care team.
We promise never to share your details with any other organisation for marketing purposes.