Thank you for being part of Global Neighbours.
What happens next?
1. Please bookmark this page as it contains all the information and tools you need as you work towards accreditation and is not publicly accessible.
You will need this page in order to apply for an award through the form below.
2. Please download your Global Neighbours Resource pack which includes:
- The Global Neighbours handbook
- Self Evaluation Forms for the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards
- Exemplar Self Evaluation Form
- Our Good Global Citizenship Guide
- Classroom Ideas Guides
- Advice on collective worship
- Advice on working with your local church
- Global Neighbours Case Studies
Click here to download the PRIMARY version of the resource pack.
Click here to download the SECONDARY version of the resource pack.
3. As part of the process of applying for the Global Neighbours award, please book yourself a place on one of our half-termly webinars. This is an opportunity to understand more about the Global Neighbours award and, crucially, to learn how to put together a successful application. We will be unpacking what we is meant by ‘courageous advocacy’ and will also give you a practical steer on how to prepare your application. You only need to attend one webinar (the content will be the same each time). The session will be run via Microsoft Teams, once you have registered you will receive a link in your confirmation email.
4. The starting point is to decide which award (Bronze, Silver or Gold) you are applying for. The criteria can be found in the Global Neighbours handbook or your Self Evaluation Form.
5. Fill in your Self Evaluation Form at the start of your Global Neighbours journey. Use it to review your current practice and identify action points to help you move forward.
6. Allows some time (e.g. six months) to allow action points to be addressed and then review your form. Repeat this process until you are satisfied that all the criteria are either embedded or fully embedded, at which point you are ready to submit your application. It will normally take a minimum of three terms to embed Global Neighbours work before applying for an award.
7. Use the form below to apply for your award when you are ready. You will need to submit the following documents:
- Self Evaluation Form document (including post-award action plan)
- Curriculum overview*
- Collective Worship/Assembly overview*
*with global citizenship opportunities clearly highlighted
8. If your application is not ready for allocation to an assessor we will be in touch. If your application is allocated to an assessor, they will then decide if your school will be accredited. For Bronze applications this will involve the assessor arranging to have a phone call with the Global Neighbours lead in your school.
Apply for Global Neighbours accreditation
When your school is ready to make an application to become accredited, please complete this form. Please note that it normally takes a minimum of three terms to embed Global Neighbours work before applying for an award, so do make sure that you are confident that you can provide evidence for progress made on each of the five framework areas to meet each of the criteria before applying.
PLEASE NOTE: The application process has changed. Applications now are made using the new-style Self Evaluation Form which replaces the old evidence form and action plan.
If you would like to talk to us before submitting your application, please email email@example.com
Once you submit your application, you will receive an acknowledgment and an assessor will be assigned. Please note that the assessment process can take up to 6 – 8 weeks. You will be invoiced in due course.
Your application will be independently reviewed by Assessors approved by the Church of England Education Office. Global Neighbours Assessors will visit schools who apply for a Silver or Gold award.