Christian Aid believes in shifting power and working in partnership, and these principles underpin the work of the Research, Evidence and Learning team, founded in 2016.
What we do
The Research, Evidence and Learning (REL) team aims to:
- support the generation of high quality research and evidence in Christian Aid
- enable and encourage the use of evidence in programme design, organisational learning, understanding our impact, policy development, and communication
- shift power in the development research sector, advocating for research led by practitioners, designed for
We do this through four areas of work:
- capacity development
- programme research and learning
- internal strategic reviews
- influencing the sector by advocating for practitioner-led development research that includes diverse and marginalised voices.
Meet the team
All the members of the Research, Evidence and Learning team have worked in both academia and NGOs.
- bring together research skills and an understanding of practice
- are experienced in applied, practical research and working in collaboration to develop research questions, choose research methods and plan for impact
- champion practitioner research, capacity development and mutual learning.