Our UK Aid Match 2 programme, improving maternal and new-born health for vulnerable women and babies in Kenya and Malawi, closed in May 2018.
What we achieved
Our three main approaches to making pregnancy safer included:
- Ensuring access to health services and newborn care essentials.
- Encouraging a behaviour change in men.
- Challenging harmful practices, such as early marriage.
Gind out more about how we reached 27,000 people in Malawi, explained further through our Data Stories approach
Through DataStories, we capture stories through words, photographs, film and data.
This collection of case studies presents an insight into how Christian Aid’s UK Aid Match programme is improving the lives of girls, pregnant women and mothers in rural Kenya.
April 2015 to May 2018
£3 million raised by the 2014 Christian Aid Christmas appeal and match funded by UK aid
- Kenya: Kenya Anglican Development Services of Mt Kenya, Centre for Rights Education and Awareness
- Malawi: Adventist Health Services, Foundation for Community Support Services
United Reformed Church (URC) and the Church Times