Let's Pray Together terms and conditions
Christian Aid (the 'Charity') is offering a free children’s Prayer Book ('Product') to individuals who meet the criteria noted in Clause 11 below ('Eligible Individual/s') as part of a promotional campaign.
1. Advertisements offering the prayer book will be placed on social media.
2. To receive the Product, an Eligible Individual must enter their name and telephone number via the Facebook form and agree to receiving a telephone call (although an alternative option is available – see clause 5). During the call, the Eligible Individual will be asked to provide a postal address (including a postcode) in Great Britain ('Valid Address') that the Product can be sent to – postage and packaging is not chargeable. They will be told about the work of Christian Aid and also be asked whether they could support the Charity financially and whether they’d like to hear further from the Charity in the future -there is an opportunity to opt out of this part of the call.
3. The telemarketing service used to communicate with responders is being provided on behalf of Christian Aid by an approved third-party provider. Christian Aid will not be liable for delays or failures in receipt or connection of any telephone calls as successful contact is dependent on a number of factors. These include, non-exhaustively, the input of correct information, calls that are left unanswered by the responder and issues with telephone network providers.
4. This offer is available to the intended recipients of the promotion only, and we reserve the right to refuse the Product to anyone who has signed up from non-approved channels.
5. There is no requirement, or obligation, on Eligible Individuals to support the Charity financially or agree to receive future marketing in order to receive the Product.
6. An Eligible Individual may also choose to phone the telephone number provided in the advert they have seen on social media to receive the Product without the ask for financial support. To be valid, the phone call or voicemail must include the following information: First name, Last name, and include a Valid Address – postage and packaging is not chargeable.
7. The promotion will commence on Friday 20 November 2020 and end at midnight (London, UK, time) on Friday 1 October, or earlier if all Products available for the duration of the promotion, as laid out in Clause 8 below, have been allotted.
8. Only 1 request for the Product per Eligible Individual will be accepted.
9. A total of 8,000 Prayer Books are available for the duration of the promotion.
10. The Product is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives are available.
11. The Charity’s Product promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (which comprises England, Scotland and Wales, and excludes Northern Ireland as well as the Isle of Man), except employees of the Charity, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the promotion ('Eligible Individual/s').
12. No responsibility is taken for requests which are incomplete; from which the Eligible Individual cannot be identified; or for any technical failure or event, beyond our reasonable control, which may cause the request to be disrupted or corrupted.
13. For those Eligible Individuals who have agreed to receive a telephone call, we aim to contact you to arrange delivery of your Product within 8 weeks of receipt of your request.
14. Your Product will be despatched within 3 weeks of contacting you. If you do not receive your Product within 4 weeks from your telephone call from us, or from calling our office, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your delivery. No responsibility is taken for items which are lost or damaged in transit.
15. The promoter is 11London, a company limited by guarantee (company number 10550589) (registered office 5599828), and a registered charity Christian Aid, (charity number NIC101631).
16. Calls will be made on behalf of Christian Aid by Purity Fundraising (company number 10850821).
17. Christian Aid operates a Complaints and Dispute Procedure. The Charity’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Eligible Individuals are deemed to have accepted, and agreed to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse to award the Product to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
19. The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Charity, its agents or distributors will not, in any circumstances, be responsible or liable to compensate any individual, or accept any liability for any loss, or damage, as a result of accepting the Product except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions
seeks to limit or exclude the Charity, its agents or distributors (or their employees) liability for personal injury or death that is, after investigation, attributable to one or all of them.
21. The promotion will be governed by English law, and the parties to these Terms and Conditions irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.