Everyone is equal in the sight of God. Yet we live in a world where poverty still persists.
Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives.
For over 70 years, we’ve been standing with the poorest of our neighbours. We work in 37 countries, with people of all faiths and none, to stand up for dignity, equality and justice.
Together we can create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty.
Our voices and actions are stronger together. And with your help, we can make an even bigger difference.
Together with our supporters and partners, we aim:
We believe in life before death
- We seek to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ, who commanded his followers to love their neighbour and work for a better world.
- We stand with the most vulnerable and excluded people of the world – both in times of crisis and for the longer term. We give people survival essentials when they are without shelter or refuge, and help them find the strength and resources they need to flourish and protect themselves from shocks and disasters.
- We support people to stand up for their rights and to build stable, secure lives they can enjoy living.
We’re part of a global movement for change
- Together, we have great influence and impact. We want people to pray with us, to act, to give and to get involved with us in a variety of ways.
- We work to educate and mobilise people from all kinds of backgrounds to build a movement that can change the course of history and bring social justice to all.
- We campaign to ensure a more equal division of power in the world, promoting the rights and voices of women and girls – and anyone discriminated against because of who they are.
- We push our political leaders to tackle climate change and tax dodging – which hit the poorest the hardest – and for our society to welcome those who have been forced to flee their homes overseas.