Christian Aid believes in shifting power and working in partnership, and these principles underpin the work of the Research, Evidence and Learning team, founded in 2016.
What we do
The Research, Evidence and Learning (REL) team aims to:
- support the generation of high quality research and evidence in Christian Aid
- enable and encourage the use of evidence in programme design, organisational learning, understanding our impact, policy development, and communication
- shift power in the development research sector, advocating for research led by practitioners, designed for impact, and inclusive of diverse, marginalised perspectives.
We do this through four areas of work:
- capacity development
- programme research and learning
- internal strategic reviews
- influencing the sector by advocating for practitioner-led development research that includes diverse and marginalised voices.
Meet the team
All the members of the Research, Evidence and Learning team have worked in both academia and NGOs.
- bring together research skills and an understanding of practice
- are experienced in applied, practical research and working in collaboration to develop research questions, choose research methods and plan for impact
- champion practitioner research, capacity development and mutual learning.
Head of Research, Evidence and Learning
Kate has worked in the international development sector for more than 20 years, a researcher, teacher and practitioner fighting for social justice.
Research, Evidence and Learning Adviser
Cathy joined Christian Aid in October 2019 after a career in research and curriculum development in peacebuilding.
Practitioner research, evidence politics, research partnerships.