We are excited to be welcoming our Kenyan partner Abraham Mwangi to England this Autumn. He will be sharing his experiences working in a health project in the Isiolo region of Northern Kenya.
Abraham joined the Anglican Development Services of Mt. Kenya East (ADSMKE) in 2006 as a volunteer intern. He is now the Programme Coordinator for the Maternal and Child Health Project in Isiolo a project supported by Christian Aid and by UKAid Match funding.
ADSMKE are mobilising the Church in Kenya to bring hope, transformation and empowerment to some of the poorest communities on earth. It works in rural development, and among other priorities, addresses the longer-term need of the pastoralist communities in Northern Kenya, particularly in coping with drought. It was one of the beneficiaries of the Christian Aid Christmas Appeal, 2014.
Abraham is passionate about community engagement and development. He is also an enthusiastic singer, with five gospel music albums recorded in his native languages of Kiswahili and Kikuyu!
Abraham will be sharing his experiences working with ADSKME at a variety of local events from November to December. To attend, check out the events listed below.
- Saturday 25 November: Christian Aid Conference on effective partnership, Norwich Diocesian Church, 2-4pm.
- Saturday 25 November: Relaxed meeting at St Edmund’s Church, Taverham near Norwich, 7.30pm.
- Sunday 26 November: Church service followed by lunch, Newmarket, Suffolk, 9.30am.
- Sunday 26 November: Meeting at 4pm, March, Cambridgeshire.
- Monday 27 November: Peterborough Christian Aid Group evening, Christian Aid Group evening, 7pm.
- Tuesday 28 November: A South East supper, Newport Pagnell URC, 7pm.
- Thursday 30 November: Guildford service with supporters.
- Sunday 3 December: Morning service, St Mary’s, Northchurch, Herts. Service at Knebworth United Ecumenical service, 5.30pm.
- Monday 4 December: Advent Hope Service, Lancing College, 7pm.
- Thursday 7 December: Advent Retreat, St. Michael at the North Gate, Oxford, 10am-1.30pm.
- Friday 8 December: Chelmsford Diocese Event, Essex.
- Saturday 9 December: Epping coffee morning.
- Sunday 10 December: Reading to speak at Park URC. Christian Aid Advent service, 5-6pm, Windsor Methodist Church.