At Christian Aid we welcome creativity! We love to see our amazing supporters coming up with new ideas to fundraise and fight poverty year after year.
In your community
- Quiz night: get quizzical with your friends and hold a quiz night at your church hall, community centre or local pub.
- Ceilidh: pull on your dancing shoes, hire a good band and recruit a caller who knows all the dances and can help those with two left feet. Charge for admission and refreshments.
- Talent show: organise a Britain’s Got Talent style event and charge for admission.
- Supermarket/train station collection: arrange a date for a collection at your local supermarket or train station. Get in touch for more information on how to do this
- Different dress day: whether you dress up in your finest clothes, or dress down in your comfiest clobber, charge everyone to take part. Mix it up a bit and do a fancy-dress day or a wear your funniest shirt or tie day – be as creative as your boss will allow!
- Car wash: wash all the cars in your office car park and ask for donations.
- Matched giving: many workplaces match what you fundraise – ask yours if they do too! It’s the easiest way to double your total.
- Non-uniform day: ask your headteacher about a dress-down day with each child donating to take part. Make it more fun and wear red for Christian Aid!
- Collect coins: give each child in your class a tube of Smarties to fill with £1/€1 coins when they’ve finished the sweets. Or ask each child to collect copper coins from their friends and families.
- Sports day: turn your school sports day into a fundraiser, charging people to enter. Don’t forget to sell refreshments to raise extra cash!
- Movie night: bring Hollywood to your home! Organise a film night with DVDs, drinks and popcorn at your home – all for a small donation, of course!
- Garden party: hold a party or an open garden event. Choose your own or other local gardens that people would pay to visit, and have stalls, games and refreshments too.
- Cook it: invite your friends for a slap-up meal cooked by you, for a suitable donation. It could be a gourmet meal or a delicious BBQ; just serve up your signature dish
- Coffee morning or afternoon tea: whether morning’s your thing, or afternoon is more your cup of tea, invite your friends, family and congregation to join you for tea, coffee or cake in your church hall.
- Sell it: bake some cakes to sell after church, or get green-fingered, planting extra seedlings and holding a plant sale. Organise a car boot or tabletop sale in your church hall, get rid of your unwanted belongings and charge others for tables to sell theirs.
- Choir concert: ask your church choir to put on a concert and charge for admission.
On your own
- Hair: shave your hair or beard or dye your hair a bright colour and get sponsorship for ruining your treasured locks.
- Give it up: whether your favourite thing is chocolate, coffee or cheese, get sponsored to give it up for a month (or even longer!)
- Yes day: say yes to everyone’s demands (within reason) and ask people to sponsor you to do so.