Christian Aid Isle of Man is governed by the World Development Committee of Churches Alive in Mann (CAIM). An ecumenical committee represented by elders from the island’s different churches.
It supports individuals, partners and churches to stamp out the global scandal of poverty. We believe that poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of dignity, freedom, hope and self-determination in their lives.
Through our international, humanitarian and advocacy work we tackle both its effects and root causes.
What we do
We inspire people of all faiths and none to challenge the root causes of poverty through fundraising, campaigning and awareness raising.
We speak about Christian Aid’s work in churches, schools and youth groups. We support volunteers and campaigners to take action against injustice. We organise events and host visitors from our partner organisations.
Proud to partner with UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man
We are proud to partner with UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man.
Christian Aid Isle of Man pledges to:
- protect our natural resources
- develop our economy in a sustainable way
- support and promote our heritage
- make our environmental impact positive wherever possible
- engage with the local community
- promote our understanding living landscape and seascape through active involvement with UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man