Raising money for charity is lots of fun and a great way to get more involved with Christian Aid and the work we do.
Here are some fun and easy ideas for fundraising at school:
- Book swap! Ask students to bring in all their old books and sell them to each other for a donation.
- Show your talents! Hold a talent competition or karaoke during lunch. Charge an entry fee and have children and teachers battle it out for the title. Don’t forget to get a prize for the winners.
- Sponge a teacher! Have students pay to get their own back for all that homework and throw wet sponges at the teachers.
- Sponsored silence! This is fun for the children and provides a welcome break for the teachers. The longer you stay silent, the more money you raise.
- Non-uniform day! The classic school fundraiser. Ask your headteacher about a dress down day with each child donating to take part. Make it more fun and wear red for Christian Aid.