What should I give up for Lent?
Want to Give it up for Lent but don’t know what ‘it’ is? Here are some ideas for you…
- Got a sweet tooth? Ditch those desserts.
- Addicted to your morning mocha? Try cutting out coffee.
- Beer lover or wine connoisseur? Switch to soft drinks.
- Put down the pizza and step away! Go fast-food free.
- Move beyond meat-free Mondays. Go veggie for Lent.
- Hit pause on your favourite series and give up box-set binges.
- That new summer wardrobe can wait. Abandon your shopping cart!
- Love your weekend lie-ins? Give them up and be an early bird.
Giving up a little luxury could change lives
At Christian Aid, we want to bring an end to poverty around the world. From raising HIV awareness to supporting human rights; from fighting gender inequality to responding to emergencies – we don’t just tackle poverty. We fight its causes. And just by giving up a little luxury, you can join the fight.
Your efforts could help more children like Nipa to achieve their ambitions. Nipa dreamed of being an English teacher when she grew up, but her parents couldn’t afford to buy the books she needed to study. With a book grant from Christian Aid, Nipa got a grade A in her exams and is well on her way to fulfilling her goal!
You’ll be doing the tricky part – so we’ve made the fundraising easy!
Get started in three simple steps:
Click sign up and fill in your details – you’ll be redirected to JustGiving.
Set up your JustGiving fundraising page.
Share your challenge on social media and start getting sponsored!
Our top tips for raising money
- Personalise your fundraising page. Tell your story! What are you giving up and why?
- Share it all! If people don’t know what you’re up to, they can’t help. Get your friends and family to share your fundraising page – that way you’ll reach more people!
Frequently asked questions
How do I create a fundraising page for Give it up for Lent?
Follow this guide on JustGiving, choosing Christian Aid and Give it up for Lent.
How do I create a TEXT CODE for my Fundraising Page?
Follow this step-by-step guide on JustGiving.
When is Lent?
This year Lent begins on Wednesday 14 March and ends on Thursday 29 March.
All of your gifts will be treated as charitable donations, meaning they will go towards helping Christian Aid’s life-changing work around the world.