Here are some interesting fundraising ideas to try at your church:
- Sponsored abseil! Does your church have a tall tower that would be perfect to scale down? Sign your vicar and congregation up, and see your church tower in a whole new light. Contact your local Christian Aid office for support in organising a sponsored abseil.
- Hair-raising challenge! Sponsor your vicar to do something hair-raising. It could be to shave off his beard, dye her hair bright red or have their legs waxed.
- Sponsored Scooting! Organise a sponsored walk with a difference – no walking allowed; only mobility scooters and wheelchairs are to be used to complete the course you set. Charge people to enter, and encourage them to raise sponsorship.
- Coffee morning! The classic church fundraiser. Invite your friends, family and congregation to join you in your church hall for coffee and cake.
- Bake off! Run a traditional bake sale but add some competition. Get people to submit their chocolate brownies or Victoria sponges for judging – your vicar could be the guest judge. Charge for baking submissions and for selling the cakes afterwards.
- Solidarity sleepout! Spend a night sleeping rough and show solidarity for those who don't have a place to call home. Invite a group from your church or youth group to spend a night sleeping out, raising sponsorship for people who have no place to call home.