What's a Swish, and how does it work?
Swishing is the easy way to update your wardrobe! It's swapping the clothes you have with other people.
Think of it as guilt-free shopping, except it's for a one-off donation collected on the door (we suggest £5 per person).
Why should I Swish?
It helps save on the clothes that end up in landfill, making it great for the environment, and supports our work across 40 countries worldwide.
Where can I Swish?
You can hold your event at any suitable venue – church hall, community centre, school, even a pub.
What do I need for a Swish?
- Hangers, mirrors, and tables to display items
- Refreshments – serving drinks and cakes can also help tempt more people through the door, and boost your fundraising!
- People – invite your friends, neighbours, colleagues and church members
- To spread the word! Publicise your event as widely as you can – the more people who bring their clothes to be swished, the more choice there is on offer!
- Our full Super Swish guide, which comes with a promotional poster.
More useful info
Do It Your Way – planning your own event
- Fundraising checklist
A quick print-off-and-keep checklist to help you fundraise
- Fundraising guide
A guide to help you get organised and make sure your fundraiser is a huge success!
- Print your own bunting
Want to give your celebration a little extra something? Just print off our bunting and get crafty!
- Fundraising quiz
Encourage people to get quizzical about poverty by entering this fun quiz and help raise your fundraising total.
- Fundraising prayer
Take a little time out to reflect on why you're fundraising using this prayer.
Safety at your fundraising event or sponsored walk