Safe Place Challenge
Depending on numbers there will be six different challenges including:
- Map symbols challenge – Match up the map symbol cards with their descriptions
- First Aid challenge – Build a stretcher then carry a team member over a set distance
- Fire challenge – Start a small fire using basic fire-lighting skills
- Navigation challenge – Using the map provided, produce a route plan or similar
- Shelter Build challenge – Build a shelter within a set timeframe or to a certain standard
- Water purification challenge – Create a water purification filter to provide clean drinking water
This is suitable for young people aged 8-15 years old. Both groups and individuals can register to take part.
There will be two sessions 11:00-14:00 or 14:00-17:00. Each session will have a maximum of 5 groups with 4 or 5 young people in each group.