You can now watch the video from the event.
A free online panel discussing a new and ambitious social contract for people and planet.
Watch the Christian Aid, Practical Action and Stamp Out Poverty online panel social discussion on a new social contract for people and planet.
We don't just need a race to zero. We need a race for resilience. We need an new and ambitious social contract for people and planet to deliver a prosperous future.
Building on the momentum of the G7 summit, and in light of the upcoming 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) being hosted by the UK Government, our panellists from Christian Aid, Practical Action and Stamp Out Poverty discuss, among other items:
- what should this new social contract for people and the planet look like?
- how do we ensure that the people living in poverty - and at the forefront of the climate crisis - do not end up paying twice?
- cutting-edge ideas and calls for action from around the world
We'll be inviting audience members to join in with the discussion.
You'll hear from speakers:
- Her Excellency Saida Muna Tasneem, Bangladesh High Commissioner in the UK
- Anne Marie Trevelyan, UK International Champion on Adaptation and Resilience for the COP26 Presidency, delivering the keynote speech
- Fatuma Mohamed, Power Shift Africa
- Julie-Anne Richards, Executive Director at Climate Action Network Australia
- Avinash Persuad, Adviser to Government of Barbados
- Archbishop Julio Murray (TBC), Archbishop of Central America
The panel is chaired by Christian Aid's UK advocacy and policy lead Jennifer Larbie.