Delivering Hope: Joanna Tom-Kargbo visits the South West
Sierra Leone is the most dangerous place in the world to become a mum. Ten women die every day in childbirth.
Joanna is passionate about bringing change in her country.
Come and hear her stories about how your fundraising and legacies are saving lives in Sierra Leone, and find out what more needs to be done in Christian Aid Week 2019.
Joanna will be speaking at a number of events around the South West:
Sunday 10 March
- 10.30am: Speaking at Morning service at Christ Church Barnstaple, Bear Street, Barnstaple, EX32 7BU.
- 5pm: Bring and share tea, followed by a celebration service at 6pm, Kingsbridge Methodist Church, 100B Fore Street, Kingsbridge, TQ7 1AW.
Tuesday 12 March
- 10am: Coffee morning at Callington Methodist Church, 2 Haye Road, Callington, Cornwall, PL17 7JJ.
- 2pm: Presentation and refreshments at Bodmin Methodist Church, Fore Street, Bodmin, PL31 2HR.
Wednesday 13 March
- 4pm-6pm: stories from Sierra Leone, inspiration for Christian Aid Week, and refreshments. St Thomas's Church, 75 St Thomas Street, Wells, BA5 2XG
Thursday 14 March
- 7pm-9pm Bristol: Stories from Sierra Leone, inspiration for Christian Aid Week and refreshments. St Mary’s Church, College Road, Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 2JB.
Friday 15 March
- 7pm-8.30pm: presentation at the Coach House, Mapperton House, Beaminster, Dorset, DT8 3NR.
Saturday 16 March
- 10.30am: refreshments followed by presentation with Joanna, St Michael's Church, Colehill, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7AB.
Sunday 17 March
- 11am: service and lunch at St John the Baptist Pewsey, Church Street, Pewsey SN9 5DL.
- 6pm: service followed by tea and cakes at Wesley Road Methodist Church, Newtown, Trowbridge, BA14 0AX.
Monday 18 March
- 10am-11.30am: coffee morning at St Peter’s Church, Lords Mead, Chippenham, SN14 0LL.
- 6-8pm: eat, drink and be inspired at Holy Trinity Church, Church Street, Bradford on Avon, BA15 1LW.
Tuesday 19 March
- 7.45pm: presentation at St Mark’s Methodist Church, Gloucester Road, Cheltenham, GL51 8PX
Wednesday 20 March
- 11.00am: a presentation and chat with Joanna at Christ Church, The Chipping, Tetbury, GL8 8ET. Come to Coffee Pot from 10am.
- 7.30pm: presentation and refreshments at Dursley Tabernacle, 3 Parsonage Street, Dursley, Gloucestershire, GL11 4BW
Friday 22 March
- 12noon-1.30pm: Lent lunch at Romsey Abbey Church Rooms, 9 The Abbey, Romsey SO51 8NG.
- 7.30pm: presentation at St Paul’s Church, St Paul's Hill, Winchester, SO22 5AB.
Saturday 23 March
- 2pm-3.30pm: presentation at The Methodist Church, 2 Wilberforce Road, Brighstone, Isle of Wight, PO30 4BD.
- 6.30-8pm: Great British Bring and Share Supper. This is a chance to chat with Joanna over supper, followed by a presentation at Portswood Church, Portswood Road, Southampton, SO17 2FY. (Please bring a plate of food with UK/British significance)
Sunday 24 March
- 10.30am: morning service at London Street URC, 20 London Street, Basingstoke, RG21 7NU.
- 3pm-4.30pm: presentation at Church on the Heath, Elvetham Heath, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 1HA.