What is the Big Pea Challenge all about?
This Christian Aid Week, we celebrate how our partners in Malawi are helping farmers transform their livelihoods using the humble but mighty pigeon pea: a drought-resistant, soil-revitalising, high-protein, low-cost, delicious crop.
Inspired by the transformational pigeon pea, The Big Pea Challenge invites you to hold your own pea-themed fundraiser this May. Whether you’re a gardener, a cook, or just up for a bit of fun, here you’ll find resources to help you get out into your community and bring other good-hearted people into the Christian Aid movement.Find out more
Inspired by the transformational pigeon pea, The Big Pea challenge invites you to hold your own pea-themed fundraiser.
What do I do next?
- You can find out more about the work your donations are helping support in Malawi
- Hear directly from Esther in this year's film
- Find fun and inspiring fundraising ideas connected to three themes: Family Challenges, Cooking and Growing
- Download resources including our new Quiz with a special pea-themed round, social media assets and a press release
- Create your online page and start fundraising
- Read the challenge FAQs
- Find out how your fundraising is supporting communities around the world