Christian Aid in Malawi supports vulnerable communities to improve health and build resilience by participating in and influencing development.
With our partners, we empower poor and marginalised communities and individuals to find practical and sustainable ways out of poverty and to be actively involved in decisions and opportunities that affect them.
Our programmes include work in a range of areas including climate change, economic justice, inclusive markets, gender and inequality, health, humanitarian, tackling violence, and building peace.
- Address social and cultural norms such as fighting harmful cultural practices affecting girls and women;
- Promote good governance including working with community members, community structures, local leaders, and civil society organisations to promote accountable and responsive maternal and child health services in the Balaka and Karonga districts;
- Strengthen the health system by reducing maternal mortality rates, and increasing knowledge, awareness and adoption of promoted health behaviour;
- Increase productive assets including small scale livestock as a high impact strategy for sustaining community resilience to climate related shocks;
- Foster inclusive markets.
We are currently updating this page and further information will be added soon.
Reports and resources
These sermon notes for a Harvest thanksgiving service are based on John 10:1-10 and include the story of Frank Zulu
These sermon notes for a Harvest thanksgiving service are based on John 10:1-10 and include the story of Frank Zulu - Welsh language version
A presentation illustrating the story of Frank and the Pea Stalk which can accompany the Harvest fairy tale.
Welsh language version of our Harvest all-age talk and group activities which can be used alongside the Harvest all-age presentation
This PowerPoint presentation is suitable for all ages and should be used alongside the Harvest all-age talk
This Welsh language version PowerPoint presentation is suitable for all ages and should be used alongside the Harvest all-age talk
Christian Aid and our partners in Malawi are implementing a three year UK Aid Match (UKAM) project to improve maternal, neonatal and child health.
The regular bulletin of ECRP, Christian Aid Malawi's flagship resilience programme.
How traditional birth attendants (TBAs) in Malawi are being retrained to ensure mother's can access skilled care.
A report from the ECRP programme in Malawi - it's impact, opportunities for improvement, barriers to success and guidance for the future.
Christian Aid Malawi is based in Lilongwe. We also draw on the expertise of colleagues from other Christian Aid teams across Africa and the world, staff at Christian Aid’s UK headquarters, and INGO networks in Malawi and beyond.
Follow our global work
The latest news, photos and programme updates from around the world. Sharing resources and knowledge with development and humanitarian practitioners.