Set up in 2016, our research, evidence and learning centre works to enhance skills among staff across Christian Aid globally. We also take research commissions and have our own research agenda, engaging with key issues and developing strategic insights for Christian Aid and the wider international development sector.
What we do
Christian Aid believes in shifting power and working in partnership. This underlies our research approach, informs how we engage with staff, and our thinking about research participants and users. We ask who is involved in designing the research, whose voices are heard, who is making decisions about what is communicated and to whom.
We also focus on ensuring that research we support has impact and reaches the right people. At a strategic level we wish to challenge the sector. We critically engage with the politics of evidence, considering its production and use.
Committed to equitable research partnerships, we have been working in consortium to explore what this means in practice.
We aim to:
- develop the capacity of colleagues across Christian Aid through structured learning initiatives focused on ‘evidence literacy’ (to understand evidence quality and how to make informed decisions when producing and using evidence),
- offer technical advice and accompaniment in research initiatives,
- support in brokering relationships with academics and research organisations,
- conduct research in key strategic areas for Christian Aid,
- ask critical questions of Christian Aid’s own practice,
- and document learning to catalyse deeper understanding.
Contact us at: RELhub@christian-aid.org