The Culture and Free Thought Association is based in Khan Younis refugee camp, one of the poorest areas of the Gaza Strip.
CFTA has three centres that run arts, crafts, drama, education, sports and other activities that help children to learn and express themselves.
This is particularly important in the Gazan context, where all children have experienced violence and war, and many have been traumatised by these events.
To view the slideshow full-screen,simply press play and then select the enlarge button on the bottom right. To show the captions, select Show info on the top-right.
CFTA focuses on helping children to process and leave behind negative experiences, so that they can have hope for the future.
These photos are from activities during their summer camps in 2010.
• From Beirut to Cairo - marking International Women's Day in the Middle East
• Interactive Middle East timeline – our timeline takes you on a journey through 60 years of Christian Aid’s work in the region.
• Postcards from Gaza – Gaza children and teenagers’ photo diaries, and the brilliant work our partner organisation CFTA is doing to support children in conflict.
• Physicians for Human Rights Israel – partner awarded ‘alternative Nobel prize’.
• Healing hate – Israeli doctors and nurses volunteer at mobile clinics in the West Bank.
• Freedom in Focus – film maker Nour works for Christian Aid partner the Women’s Affairs Centre, promoting women’s rights and equality in Gaza.
• YMCA in Bethlehem – our partner the YMCA in Bethlehem supports Palestinians disabled as a result of the conflict.
• Gaza crisis – how we responded in the crisis of 2008-09, and how we’re helping rebuild lives.
• Middle East reports – read our in-depth policy reports.