Parents’ Circle Families’ Forum is a group of Israelis and Palestinians who have all lost loved ones in the conflict, and yet come together to work for peace and reconciliation.
Richard Attenborough, presenting Parents’ Circle with the 2010 Gandhi Foundation award, said they are ‘guided by one of the highest forms of Gandhian ideals, that of dialoguing with and understanding the adversary's point of view and finding common ground on which to base a solution.’
In this video, an Israeli mother and a Palestinian son talk about using the power of pain to work for peace.
• Interactive Middle East timeline – our timeline takes you on a journey through 60 years of Christian Aid’s work in the region.
• Postcards from Gaza – Gaza children and teenagers’ photo diaries, and the brilliant work our partner organisation CFTA is doing to support children in conflict.
• Physicians for Human Rights Israel – partner awarded ‘alternative Nobel prize’.
• Healing hate – Israeli doctors and nurses volunteer at mobile clinics in the West Bank.
• Freedom in Focus – film maker Nour works for Christian Aid partner the Women’s Affairs Centre, promoting women’s rights and equality in Gaza.
• YMCA in Bethlehem – our partner the YMCA in Bethlehem supports Palestinians disabled as a result of the conflict.
• Gaza crisis – how we responded in the crisis of 2008-09, and how we’re helping rebuild lives.
• Middle East reports – read our in-depth policy reports.
• Christian Aid in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territory.