Please read through the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, please do not use this website. If you do use the website, your conduct indicates that you agree to be bound by the Terms.
Terms and conditions
This website www.christianaid.org.uk is owned and managed by the digital team at Christian Aid. Christian Aid is registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at 35-41 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RL, UK. Our registered company number is 5171525, our UK registered charity number is 1105851 and our VAT number is 858 5800 87.
Christian Aid also operates in Scotland: Registered Office: 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EL.
Christian Aid Ireland is a charity and company limited by guarantee registered in Northern Ireland: Unit 6 Linden House, Beechill Business Park, Belfast, BT8 7QN. Registered with The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101631. Company no. NI059154.
Christian Aid Ireland is a charity and company limited by guarantee registered in Republic of Ireland: Canal House, Canal Road, Dublin 6. Republic of Ireland Charity Registration no. 20014162. Company no. 426928.
Christian Aid Trading Limited is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales: 35 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RL. Company no. 1001742.
Isle of Man registered charity number 1125. Registered as an Isle of Man company reference 5785F.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, 'us' 'we' and 'our' refer to Christian Aid. References to Christian Aid include Christian Aid Trading Ltd, our trading arm.
Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is intended to provide information about Christian Aid's activities and issues relevant to its objectives.
You must not use our website fraudulently or for any unlawful purpose, for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way or to transmit or procure the sending of spam.
We make every effort to ensure that the information on our website is up to date and correct but we cannot guarantee that it is 100% free of inaccuracies, errors or omissions.
In particular, where information is provided to or compiled by us, we endeavour to ensure that it is complete and accurate but we cannot take responsibility for any inaccuracies, omissions or errors attributable to the author of such materials.
Please be aware that any decision made by users of our website on the basis of information on them, is the responsibility of the user. We do not accept liability (as far as permitted by law) for any loss arising from any use of or reliance on information or links included in this website.
Users of this website must not knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other unpleasant sounding harmful programs which could harm computer software or hardware.
Christian Aid is not responsible for ensuring the availability of this website or the timeliness or otherwise of any content or information being made available to you.
We reserve the right to change, replace or amend any part of the website at any time without notice.
Except as specifically set out in these Terms and Conditions, to the fullest extent permissible by law, neither Christian Aid nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable (whether under contract, tort or statute) for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseeable or not):
• losses suffered by third parties;
• loss of data;
• loss of profit;
• loss of revenue;
• loss of business or opportunity;
• loss of goodwill; or
• any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages
arising from the use of the website, the inability to use the website, the results of use of the website, any website linked to it or any material contained in the website. For the avoidance of doubt, the losses listed immediately above are intended to be severable.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Christian Aid’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the website or any part of it or to withdraw any of our services at any time, without notice, for any reason (including without limitation any breach of these Terms and Conditions). Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, to our entire website and/or to users who have registered with us.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
You will be responsible for all losses or damages we suffer (including our reasonable legal fees) that are caused by your breach of these Terms and Conditions or by you using the website [other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions/other than as you are allowed to]."
These Terms and Conditions are subject to English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with the use of the websites shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales i.e. we reserve the right to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of your residence, so there.
Trademarks and copyright
Copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights on this website are either owned or licensed to Christian Aid, unless otherwise stated. Compliance with copyright law is your liability.
We would be delighted to see our materials used all over the place but no copying or distribution for any commercial or business use is permitted without prior written consent from Christian Aid. More on our copyright policy.
You may reproduce Christian Aid copyright material appearing on this website free of charge without specific permission for private personal use only, as long as the copyright and source indications are also copied, the document is not amended in any way, is copied in its entirety and is not reproduced in a derogatory or misleading manner or context.
Our permission to reproduce copyright material does not extend to any material on this website that is the copyright material of any other person. For example, you are not permitted to reproduce photos that are marked as the property of news agencies such as Reuters or copy articles that are marked as being owned by particular newspapers such as The Times.
Except as explained below in relation to use by churches and schools, if you do wish to use any material from our website for any commercial or business purpose, you must write for permission to email@example.com. Give us the full details of what you want to use and how you plan to use it.
We are happy for some of our materials to be used in church or school publications without specific permission. Where this is the case, it will be clearly indicated. In all other cases, if you wish to reproduce any of the content of our website, please contact us for permission on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other websites
We welcome links to our website. If you want to display the content of our website surrounded or framed by material not originating from Christian Aid you must obtain prior written permission from Christian Aid. Please contact email@example.com for such permission. You may have noticed that Christian Aid has many other exciting websites. These websites are listed below and contain their own sets of Terms and Conditions, which you should take a peek at:
Any link to one of our websites must comply with the following conditions:
(i) the link must consist of the following text only: Christian Aid and the URL in respect of which Christian Aid's consent has been given;
(ii) the link must not create the false impression that your organisation or any of its products or services, is recommended by or associated in any way with Christian Aid;
(iii) the existence of the link, its position, appearance or any other aspect of it must not damage or be likely to damage the name or reputation of Christian Aid;
(iv) selection of the link by a user must display our website as a full screen and not within a frame on the website on which the link appears;
(v) you shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the use and existence of the link does not cause the transmission to any Christian Aid website of viruses or other deleterious programming routines.
We reserve the right to require the removal of any link to any of our websites at any time (whether or not previous consent to such link has been given).
If you have any further questions regarding our terms and conditions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds and SMS donations
The SMS service is being provided for Christian Aid by a third party provider. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile phone device.
Christian Aid will receive 100% of your donation.
Standard rate texts
Christian Aid will not receive any payment from networks for standard rate texts. Christian Aid won't appear as the message sender on your phone bill. The number you texted (for example 70007) will appear instead.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile number, your carrier's name, and the date, time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. By using this service you consent to receiving, from time to time, further communication from Christian Aid.
If you are new to Christian Aid, you can unsubscribe from future SMS by texting NOSMS CA to 70123, or from future calls by texting NOCALL CA to 70123, or by emailing email@example.com.
Please note, if you already receive information from Christian Aid we will continue to send it unless you tell us otherwise by writing to us at Supporter Relations, PO Box 100, London SE1 7RT or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly donations via SMS
This is a monthly subscription service where you receive a free text message the day before your gift is due. If you are happy to give, you don’t need to do anything and you will be charged your agreed monthly amount.
If you would prefer not to give, reply SKIP within 24 hours of receiving the text and we will not take your donation.
If your phone is out of range or switched off when we send the first text, you don’t need to worry. We will only take your gift 24 hours after we know that your phone has received our message.
See your gifts in action
We want you to see the difference your gifts are making so we will send you links to images, films and other content that you can view on an internet-enabled phone – or on your computer. We won’t charge you for this content but, as with any mobile browsing, viewing it could mean you incur charges from your network provider.
Some important details
Christian Aid will receive 100% of your gift. By using this service, you agree that we may call you on your mobile in the future. One important reason for this is to talk to you about the Government’s Gift Aid scheme – which allows Christian Aid to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your gifts and make them worth almost a third more, at no cost to you. But if you’d rather we didn’t call, please contact us on 0844 669 5255.
For the next 12 months, 100% of your money will be spent on our community health projects – including mosquito net distribution in Africa. Thereafter, your money will be spent where the need is greatest. To find out more about our work on malaria, visit christianaid.org.uk/whatwedo/in-focus/ hiv-malaria-health
Ending your support
We hope that you won’t cancel your gift and that you will use the SKIP system if you decide not to give in a particular month. However, if you want to end your gifts permanently, you can text STOP to 70002 (£3 per month) or STOP to 70088 (£5 per month) to unsubscribe.
If you would like to talk to use about giving through your mobile, please call free on 020 3282 7862 or 020 3282 7863. To talk about any other aspect of Christian Aid's work, call our helpdesk on 020 7620 4444.
Special rules apply to refunding charitable donations. Please contact us for enquiries regarding refunds for one-off cash donations.
Donations made by Direct Debit are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
Online T&Cs for draw
Christian Aid Week prize draw
1. Open to residents of UK, IoM and CI aged 16 or over. Employees of Christian Aid, or anyone professionally associated with the competition are not eligible.
2. The closing date is midnight on 31st May 2015.
3. 1 winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries and will be notified by 30th June 2015 using the contact details supplied.
4. The winner receives a £100 Marks and Spencer voucher and a Divine chocolate tasting kit.
5. Only 1 entry per person.
6. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
7. Entrants are deemed to accept all terms and conditions. If you wish to withdraw from the prize draw please mail email@example.com.
8. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside its control the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
9. All reasonable effort will be made to contact winners, however if a prize is not claimed within 10 working days an alternative winner may be selected.
10. Proof of age must be provided by the winner if requested.
11. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify incorrect, incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, damaged, delayed or undelivered.
12. The decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
14. All entries become the property of the promoter. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw the competition, terminate the competition or declare void any entry in the event of actual fraud in its sole opinion.
15. The promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
16. The winner may be asked to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
17. All personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individuals’ prior consent.
18. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the promoter for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and for any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
19. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
20. Promoter: Christian Aid, 35 Lower Marsh, SE1 7RL.
21. Text service provider: http://www.cymba.co.uk