Christian Aid is a registered charity in the UK (no. 1105851)
NI Charity No XR 94639 Company No NI059154
ROI Charity No CHY6998 Company No 426928
Conditions of entry
- To register for the event you must complete the registration form online or by sending a printed copy to the applicable Christian Aid office.
- Some events may require the payment of a Registration Fee or Minimum Donation which will be detailed in the registration form. Your registration for the event will not be confirmed until this is received by CA.
- By registering for the event as an individual you are confirming that you are over 18 years old, and are physically fit and able to take part in the event. If you are under 18 you must have written parental consent prior to the event and the parent or responsible adult may need to be present on the day, if applicable this will be stated within the event information.
- You confirm that the personal details entered are correct and you will update Christian Aid if your contact details change.
- All participants take part at their own risk.
- You will be responsible for providing your own personal equipment. Christian Aid is unable to accept liability for any loss or damage to personal belongings, however arising, during the event.
- Participants in any cycling event must wear a cycling helmet.
- Christian Aid will not accept liability relating to costs incurred by individuals if the event is cancelled for any reason outside its control including any incidental expenses such as local accommodation.
- You give your consent that any photographs or video recording taken at the event may be used for promotional purposes by Christian Aid only.
- All transfers to and from the venue are at the participant's own expense.
- No skateboards, rollerblades or bicycles will be permitted on a sponsored walk. No skateboards or rollerblades will be permitted on a cycling event.
In fundraising for Christian Aid you agree:
- All funds raised in the name of Christian Aid must be paid as soon as practicable to Christian Aid.
- To tell sponsors that the money you raise will benefit Christian Aid (a registered charity).
- That all monies will automatically be treated as a donation to the Charity and therefore not refundable to the participant.
- If you cancel, or you are required to withdraw from the event, you will be required to send all sponsorship money collected directly to the Charity. This money will be retained by the Charity unless the sponsor has requested that it be returned to them.
- To ask sponsors to send their monies directly to you, not to Christian Aid and to ensure that all donations made by cheque from the donor are payable to Christian Aid.
- To inform Christian Aid of any public event that you organise on behalf of Christian Aid.
- To record the names and donation amount for all of your sponsors and provide this information to CA on request.
- To make it clear that you are not an employee of Christian Aid.
- Not to reproduce the Christian Aid logo without permission.
- Not to collect on private property without first obtaining the permission of the owner.
- Not to collect in a public place without first obtaining the appropriate collector's license from the local authority.
- Not to raise funds by carrying out house-to-house collections.
- Not to do anything to bring Christian Aid's name into disrepute.