Christian Aid Week Diamond Awards
None of our work would be possible without the tireless dedication of our volunteers. As we mark the diamond anniversary of Christian Aid Week, we’re also celebrating the amazing people who make it happen.
Whether it’s decades of dedicated collecting or a commitment to creative fundraising, we want to hear your stories of people who do amazing things for Christian Aid Week!
Questions about the Diamond Awards?
Why are we celebrating Diamonds now?
To mark 60 years of Christian Aid Week, we’re asking you to nominate your Christian Aid Diamonds. These are people who have supported and raised money for Christian Aid for a long time, or people who have made a great voluntary contribution in some other way.
Who can I nominate?
You can nominate anyone you feel has made a significant contribution to Christian Aid. For example, they may be a collector, a campaigner, an events organiser… This is about celebrating those people who make a lot of effort, with great determination, to support Christian Aid and our work.
What categories of nominations are there?
- Unsung heroes – for those who quietly make things happen.
- Long-term supporters – has your Diamond been supporting Christian Aid for a long time – maybe even 60 years?
- Event organisers – for those who always organise a bake sale, a Christian Aid Week speaker or a fundraising lunch.
- Super organisers – for those who are great at planning Christian Aid Week!
- Brilliant new ideas – for people trying fresh approaches to fundraising during Christian Aid Week.
- Working together – for Christian Aid groups that keep each other going.
- Schools – do your Diamonds share Christian Aid’s message in their school? Nominate them this Christian Aid Week!
What do I need to do to nominate someone?
Fill in the form on this page, giving your own details and those of your Diamond. You will be asked to write 250 words about why you are nominating them, so think of why you have chosen your Diamond.
How long have they been supporting Christian Aid? How have they gone the extra mile? Have they overcome challenges to do what they do?
If you have photos of your Diamond supporting Christian Aid through the years, please let us know!
Is there a deadline for my nomination?
Yes, all nominations need to be in by Friday 17 March.
When will the Diamonds hear about their nominations?
Their Regional Coordinator will be in touch after 17 March.
What will the Diamond receive?
Each Diamond will receive a certificate, celebrating their huge dedication and support of Christian Aid.
Will the Diamond’s details be used for anything else?
No, the Diamond’s details are used only to contact them and not for any other purpose.